Wednesday 6 September 2017

Personal trainer completes sentence without using the word 'protein'

A personal trainer from Bristol has smashed a key training goal – by getting through an entire sentence without using the word 'protein'. 

Dan Jenkinson, 28, achieved the feat during a conversation outside his gym in Clifton this morning. 

Jenkinson explained: "Protein is an important part of my diet, but it's also an important part of my vocabulary. I will typically use the word protein at least three or four times in each sentence, usually as a way of conveying the importance of eating lots of protein in order to ensure you are getting enough protein to achieve a protein-rich diet.

"However, I've always wondered whether it would be possible to complete a sequence of interconnected words without mentioning protein, and this morning I found out. 

"I'd gone outside to get some fresh air and generally look tough and lean, when this guy approached me and asked if I knew where Sainsbury's was. 

"I explained that lifting heavy weights isn't necessarily the key to strengthening your core, and that you can achieve great results by doing lots of exercises using your own body weight, such as squats and planking. I added that a balanced diet is also crucial, and that it is important to drink lots of fluids and avoid eating too many carbohydrates, particularly for your evening meal.

"It was only after he'd walked off shaking his head that I realised I hadn't said the word protein at all. 

"Then, a few minutes later, it happened again. An elderly woman grabbed my arm and asked me to call an ambulance, while pointing at an old man lying still on the pavement.

"I told her that it's really important to ensure you're working as many different muscle groups as possible when training, and that if you only work your arms or pectorals, for example, you could put yourself at greater risk of injury.

"At this point, she started screaming hysterically. I can only assume it was because she was struggling to understand why I hadn't mentioned protein yet."

Jenkinson is not the only personal trainer to have recorded a remarkable achievement today. 

His colleague, 25-year-old Jake Fuller, managed to complete this morning's shift without flirting with any of the female members of his gym, or touching any of them in a borderline inappropriate way under the guise of helping them to do a particular stretch. 

"I found myself just wanting to give them helpful advice about how they could get fitter and stronger," said Fuller. "For the first time ever, I didn't feel the need to touch their legs or back for an unnecessarily long period of time while talking them through a new stretch or exercise. It was a weird feeling, but strangely rewarding," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment